ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 73

Dusseldorf-Lorick

Lorick is an urban borough of Dusseldorf, Germany. It is located on the left side of the river Rhine, bordering to the river, Niederkassel, Heerdt and Meerbusch. Lorick was a small village belonging to the office of Heerdt until there was a conne ...

Dusseldorf-Lohausen

Lohausen is an urban borough in the north of Dusseldorf, in neighbourhood to Stockum, Kaiserswerth, Unterrath, Wittlaer, the river Rhine and Ratingen. The airport of Dusseldorf is in Lohausen. Lohausen was written mentioned first time in 1147. It ...

Dusseldorf-Ludenberg

Ludenberg is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It borders on Gerresheim, Grafenberg, Hubbelrath and Rath. Prior to the beginning of the 19th century, Ludenberg belonged to the city hall Dusseldorf together with Erkrath, Vennhausen, Dusseldorf, morp ...

Dusseldorf-Morsenbroich

Morsenbroich is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It borders on Unterrath, Rath, Derendorf, Grafenberg and Dusselthal. Morsenbroich has about 14.000 inhabitants. In the region around düsseldorf "Morsenbroicher EI" "Morsenbroich the egg" is well kno ...

Dusseldorf-Niederkassel

Niederkassel is a borough of the city of Dusseldorf. It is located on the west side of the river Rhine, bordering Oberkassel and Lorick. It was connected to Dusseldorf when the Oberkassel Bridge was opened in 1898. It was originally part of the d ...

Dusseldorf-Oberkassel

Oberkassel is a part of Dusseldorfs district 4, with a population of about 17.000 inhabitants. Oberkassel lies on the west side of the river Rhine, the opposite side of the central district of Dusseldorf. Oberkassel is an economically well-positi ...

Dusseldorf-Pempelfort

Pempelfort is a city part in the North-east of the central District 1 of Dusseldorf. It borders on the city center, Derendorf, the Cologne–Duisburg railway, connecting Flingern and Dusseltal, Dusseldorf, youll feel Dusseldorf and the Rhine. Pempe ...

Dusseldorf-Rath

The Rath area was occupied since at least the Mesolithic. Flint artifacts from the Neolithic and pottery and dwellings from the Bronze Age have been found in Dusseldorf-Rath. In the Iron Age Rath was a center for the Hallstatt Celtic culture, and ...

Dusseldorf-Reisholz

Reisholz is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It is located in the south of the city, bordering Holthausen, Benrath, Hassels and the river Rhine. Reisholz is an industrial part of the city. Its history began in 1905 with the establishment of a port ...

Dusseldorf-Stadtmitte

Stadtmitte is an urban borough in the central District 1 of Dusseldorf, Germany. Stadtmitte borders with Carlstadt, Pempelfort, Oberbilk and the old town of Dusseldorf: Dusseldorf-Altstadt. In the Stadtmitte there are: WestLB, the central bank of ...

Dusseldorf-Stockum

Stockum is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It is located north of Unterrath and Golzheim, east of Kaiserswerth, west of Lohausen and the Dusseldorf Airport, south of Kalkum. Stockum area of 6.70 km2 and 4.894 residents. Stockum became a part of d ...

Dusseldorf-Unterbach

Unterbach was a local borough of Erkrath, Germany, until 1975, when it became an urban borough of Dusseldorf in a local reorganisation. A portion of the pre-1975 Unterbach remains as the borough of Erkrath-Unterfeldhaus. The eastern end of the bo ...

Dusseldorf-Unterbilk

Unterbilk is an urban borough in the 3rd District of the North Rhine-Westphalia state capital Dusseldorf. It is the seat of the Landtag of North Rhine-Westphalia, the Rheinturm tower and, together with the Dusseldorf docks is the centre of the me ...

Dusseldorf-Unterrath

Unterrath is one of the 49 boroughs of the City of Dusseldorf, Germany and is located in the north of the municipality. It is in the neighbourhood of Dusseldorf Airport.

Dusseldorf-Urdenbach

Urdenbach is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It is located in the south of the city, next to the neighboring town Monheim am Rhein and bordered by the river Rhine.

Dusseldorf-Vennhausen

Vennhausen is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It borders on Unterbach, Eller and Gerresheim. A few hundred years ago, this area was swamps, marshes and swamps, hence the name of the settlement Vennhausen, which is derived from "Venn", a low Germa ...

Volmerswerth

Volmerswerth is a borough in western Dusseldorf, District 3, by the river Rhine. It borders the boroughs Hamm, Bilk and Flehe. Its area is 2.17 km². Despite increasing urbanization, rural Volmerswerth neighborhood continues to attract many people ...

Dusseldorf-Wersten

Wersten is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It is south of Eller and Oberbilk, east of Bilk, and north of Holthausen. It has been a part of Dusseldorf since 1909.

Wittlaer

Wittlaer is an urban borough of Dusseldorf. It borders Stockum, Kalkum, Angermund, and the city of Duisburg. It is close to Dusseldorf Airport. Wittlaer has the lowest point in Dusseldorf, where the Schwarzbach flows into the river Rhine. It is 2 ...

Clydebank

Clydebank is a town in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland. Situated on the north bank of the River Clyde, Clydebank borders Dumbarton and the villages of Old Kilpatrick, Bowling and Milton to the west, as well as the town of Bearsden in East Dunbarton ...

Coatbridge

Coatbridge is a town in North Lanarkshire, Scotland, about 8.5 miles east of Glasgow city centre, set in the central Lowlands. The town, with neighbouring Airdrie, is part of the Greater Glasgow urban area. While the earliest known settlement of ...

Dumbarton

Dumbarton is a town in West Dunbartonshire, Scotland, on the north bank of the River Clyde where the River Leven flows into the Clyde estuary. In 2006, it had an estimated population of 19.990. Dumbarton was the capital of the ancient Kingdom of ...

Dumfries

Dumfries dum- FREESS, possibly from Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Phris) is a market town and former royal burgh within the Dumfries and Galloway council area of Scotland. It is located near the mouth of the River Nith into the Solway Firth. Dumfries is t ...

Dunfermline

Dunfermline, Scots: Dunfaurlin, Scottish Gaelic: Dùn Phàrlain) is a town and former Royal Burgh, and parish, in Fife, Scotland, on high ground 3 miles from the northern shore of the Firth of Forth. The town currently has a recorded population of ...

Hamilton, South Lanarkshire

Hamilton is a town in South Lanarkshire, in the central Lowlands of Scotland. It serves as the main administrative centre of the South Lanarkshire council area. It sits 12 miles south-east of Glasgow, 35 miles south-west of Edinburgh and 74 miles ...

Kilmarnock

Kilmarnock is a large burgh in East Ayrshire, Scotland, with a population of 46.350, making it the 15th most populated place in Scotland and the second largest town in Ayrshire. The River Irvine runs through its eastern section, and the Kilmarnoc ...

Kirkcaldy

Kirkcaldy, Scottish Gaelic: Cair Chaladain) is a town and former royal burgh in Fife, on the east coast of Scotland. It is about 11.6 miles north of Edinburgh and 27.6 miles south-southwest of Dundee. The town had a recorded population of 49.460 ...

Paisley, Renfrewshire

Paisley is a town situated in the west central Lowlands of Scotland. Located north of the Gleniffer Braes, the town borders the city of Glasgow to the east, and straddles the banks of the White Cart Water, a tributary of the River Clyde. It serve ...

Rutherglen

Rutherglen is a town in South Lanarkshire, Scotland. Having existed as a Lanarkshire burgh in its own right for more than 800 years, in 1975 it lost its own local council and administratively became a component of the City of Glasgow District Cou ...

Aberchirder

Aberchirder, known locally as Foggieloan or Foggie, is a village in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, situated on the A97 road six miles west of Turriff.

Auchterarder

Auchterarder, Scottish Gaelic: Uachdar Àrdair, meaning Upper Highland) is a small town located north of the Ochil Hills in Perth and Kinross, Scotland, and home to the famous Gleneagles Hotel. The 1 ⁄ 2 -mile long High Street of Auchterarder gave ...

Auchtermuchty

Auchtermuchty is a town in Fife, Scotland. It is beside Pitlour Hill and nine miles north of Glenrothes.

Banff, Aberdeenshire

Banff is a town in the Banff and Buchan area of Aberdeenshire, Scotland. Banff is situated on Banff Bay and faces the town of Macduff across the estuary of the River Deveron. Banff is a former royal burgh, and is the county town of the historic c ...

Berwick-upon-Tweed

Berwick-upon-Tweed, Scots: Sooth Berwick, Scottish Gaelic: Bearaig a Deas) is a town in the county of Northumberland. It is the northernmost town in England, at the mouth of the River Tweed on the east coast, 2 1 ⁄ 2 miles south of the Scottish b ...

Crail

Crail, Scottish Gaelic: Cathair Aile) is a former royal burgh, parish and community council area in the East Neuk of Fife, Scotland. In a parish with a population of 1.812 in 2011.

Cupar

Cupar is a town, former royal burgh and parish in Fife, Scotland. It lies between Dundee and Glenrothes. According to a 2011 population estimate, Cupar had a population around 9.000, making it the ninth largest settlement in Fife, and the civil p ...

Dornoch

Dornoch is a town, seaside resort, and former royal burgh in the county of Sutherland in the Highlands of Scotland. It lies on the north shore of the Dornoch Firth, near to where it opens into the Moray Firth to the east. The city is located in t ...

Falkland, Fife

Falkland, previously in the Lands of Kilgour, is a village, parish and former royal burgh in Fife, Scotland, at the foot of the Lomond Hills. According to the 2008 population estimate, it has a population of 1.180.

Forfar

Forfar is the county town of Angus, Scotland and the administrative centre for Angus Council. It has a population of 14.048. Forfar provisional dates back to the Roman occupation of the area, and this was followed by the Picts and the Kingdom of ...

Haddington, East Lothian

The Royal Burgh of Haddington is a town in East Lothian, Scotland. It is the main administrative, cultural and geographical centre for East Lothian, which as a result of late-nineteenth century Scottish local government reforms took the form of t ...

Kilrenny, Anstruther Easter and Anstruther Wester

Kilrenny, Anstruther Easter and Anstruther Wester was a royal and small burgh in Fife, Scotland from 1930 to 1975. The Burgh was formed the amalgamation of three neighbouring Royal town of Kilrenny, Anstruther Easter and Anstruther Wester by the ...

Kintore, Aberdeenshire

Kintore is a town and former royal burgh near Inverurie in Aberdeenshire, Scotland, now bypassed by the A96 road between Aberdeen and Inverness. It is situated on the banks of the River Don. The Town House dates from 1747. In the name Kintore com ...

Kirkcudbright

Kirkcudbright is a town and parish and a Royal Burgh from 1455 in Kirkcudbrightshire, of which it is traditionally the county town, within Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. The city is located in the South-West of castle Douglas and Dalbeattie, in ...

Lauder

The former Royal Burgh of Lauder is a town in the Scottish Borders in the historic county of Berwickshire. On the Southern Upland Way, the burgh lies 27 miles southeast of Edinburgh, on the western edge of the Lammermuir Hills.

Linlithgow

Linlithgow is a town in West Lothian, Scotland. It was historically West Lothians county town, reflected in the countys alternative name of Linlithgowshire. An ancient town, it lies south of its two most prominent landmarks: Linlithgow Palace and ...

Macduff, Aberdeenshire

Macduff is a town in the Banff and Buchan area Aberdeenshire, Scotland. It is situated on Banff Bay and faces the town of Banff across the estuary of the River Deveron. Macduff is a former burgh and was the last place in the United Kingdom where ...

North Berwick

North Berwick is a seaside town and former royal burgh in East Lothian, Scotland. It is situated on the south shore of the Firth of Forth, approximately 20 miles east-northeast of Edinburgh. North Berwick became a fashionable holiday resort in th ...

South Queensferry

Queensferry, also called South Queensferry or simply "The Ferry", is a town to the west of Edinburgh, Scotland, traditionally a royal burgh of West Lothian. It lies ten miles to the north-west of Edinburgh city centre, on the shore of the Firth o ...

Renfrew

Renfrew is a town 6 miles west of Glasgow in the west central Lowlands of Scotland. It is the historic county town of Renfrewshire. Called the "Cradle of the Royal Stewarts" for its early link with Scotlands former royal house, Renfrew gained roy ...

Roxburgh

Roxburgh, also known as Rosbroch, is a civil parish and now-destroyed royal burgh, in the historic county of Roxburghshire in the Scottish Borders. It was an important trading burgh in High Medieval to early modern Scotland. In the Middle Ages it ...