Illinois is in the midwestern United States. Surrounding states are Wisconsin to the north, Iowa and Missouri to the west, Kentucky to the south, and Indiana to the east. Illinois also borders Michigan, but only via a northeastern water boundary in Lake Michigan. Nearly the entire western boundary of Illinois is the Mississippi River, except for a few areas where the river has changed course. Illinois southeastern and southern boundary is along the Wabash River and the Ohio River. Whereas, its northern boundary and much of its eastern boundary are straight survey lines. Illinois has a maxi ...
Watersheds of Illinois is a list of basins or catchment areas into which the State of Illinois can be divided based on the place to which water flows. At the simplest level, in the period before the settlement times, Illinois had two of the catchment area: the Mississippi river basin and lake Michigan, almost the entire state draining into the Mississippi, except a small area a few miles from the lake. This is complicated by modifications around lake Michigan, making the lake itself to some extent part of the Mississippi watershed. Although now it would be correct to describe Illinois as p ...
ⓘ Geography of Illinois
- east. Illinois also borders Michigan, but only via a northeastern water boundary in Lake Michigan. Nearly the entire western boundary of Illinois is the
- named for a type of fish Garden of the West Baja Wisconsin Adjectival: Illinois Demonym: Illinoisan Geography of Illinois Illinois is: a U.S. state
- The city of Chicago is located in northern Illinois United States, at the south western tip of Lake Michigan. It sits on the Saint Lawrence Seaway continental
- Census Bureau. Geography portal North America portal United States portal Illinois portal State of Illinois Outline of Illinois Index of Illinois - related articles
- Illinois City is an unincorporated community in the U.S. state of Illinois across the Mississippi River from Muscatine, Iowa. It straddles Buffalo Prairie
- Illinois ˌɪləˈnɔɪ listen IL - ə - NOY is a state in the Midwestern and Great Lakes Regions of the United States. It has the fifth largest gross domestic
- provided as an overview of and topical guide to geography Geography study of earth and its people. an academic discipline a body of knowledge given to
- southern Illinois 73a - Northern Holocene Meander Belts 73c - St. Francis Lowlands Geography of Illinois Climate of Illinois Geology of Illinois Fauna of Illinois
- Central Illinois is a region of the U.S. state of Illinois that consists of the entire central third of the state, divided from north to south. It is
- The Illinois River Miami - Illinois Inoka Siipiiwi is a principal tributary of the Mississippi River and is approximately 273 miles 439 km long. Located
- north - central Illinois It is the center of the geographic region known as Streatorland. According to the 2010 census, the population of Streator was 13