The environment of Iowa has been heavily affected by agricultural production since it became a U.S. state in 1846. However, there remain natural areas in Iowa that reflect a wide varieties of environmental niches.
Bancroft County, Iowa was a county located in what today is the northern portion of Kossuth County. The county was established in 1851 by the Iowa General Assembly, but then abolished six years later in 1857 and the area joined to Kossuth County, leading to adjacent counties being roughly half the size of Kossuth County. It became part of Kossuth due to the fact the area was wetland, thereby making it unsuitable for farming. The County was named in honor of historian and statesman George Bancroft 1800-1891. There has never been a County local or County government organization.
The Skunk River Greenbelt is a public/private partnership supporting a 10 mile long trail system between Story City and Ames in central Iowa. The trail is skunk river, beginning South of the citys history and ends in the complex of Mcfarland Park in North Ames. There are additional spur to the main trail, taking place on South I-35 rest stop South of story city, Iowa, and the extensive trails in Mcfarland Park. Opportunities for recreation include: Primitive campsites. (Примитивные кемпинги) Off-road biking. (На внедорожных велосипедах) Several Geocache. (Несколько Тайников) Canoeing, kaya ...
ⓘ Geography of Iowa
- The geography of Iowa includes the study of bedrock, landforms, rivers, geology, paleontology and urbanisation of the U.S. state of Iowa The state covers
- Prairie Tall Corn State Adjectival: Iowa Demonym: Iowan Geography of Iowa Administration: U.S. state, a federal state of the United States Location Northern
- environment of Iowa has been heavily affected by agricultural production since it became a U.S. state in 1846. However, there remain natural areas in Iowa that
- Iowa Township is a township in Iowa County, Iowa USA. Iowa Township was established in 1847. U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System:
- Documents Roundtable of the American Library Association. U.S. Census Bureau Quick Facts Iowa at Curlie Geographic data related to Iowa at OpenStreetMap African - Americans
- Missouri River Drainage Basin. List of rivers in the United States USGS Geographic Names Information Service USGS Hydrologic Unit Map - State of Iowa 1974
- In 1980, the Iowa Department of Transportation transferred control of more than 700 miles 1, 100 km of highway to county and local governments in order
- Iowa Township is one of eighteen townships in Allamakee County, Iowa USA. At the 2010 census, its population was 744. Iowa Township was organized in
- the U.S. state of Iowa The first two counties, Des Moines County and Dubuque County, were created in 1834 when Iowa was still part of the Michigan Territory
- Iowa Highway 210 Iowa 210 is an east west highway in central Iowa covering 34.86 miles 56.10 km It begins at Iowa Highway 141 south of Woodward and
- Iowa City is a city in Johnson County, Iowa United States. It is the home of the University of Iowa and county seat of Johnson County, at the center