The Lewis Overthrust is a geologic thrust fault structure of the Rocky Mountains found within the bordering national parks of Glacier in Montana, United States and Waterton Lakes in Alberta, Canada. The structure was created due to the collision of tectonic plates about 170 million years ago that drove a several mile thick wedge of rock 50 mi eastwards, causing it to overlie softer Cretaceous age rock that is 400 to 500 million years younger.
Stone Hill is an extensively developed climbing area in Northwestern Montana, approximately 15 miles from Eureka, Montana and just off Lake Koocanusa. Much of the development in this area, slightly less than half shared part, can be attributed to the efforts of Steve Stahl, who, during 2000-2003 created more than 260 lines. The rock is extremely hard quartzite derived, and is characterized by painful, sharp edges, cracks disappear, steep slabs and small horizontal roofs. Cracks usually very protectable, and as a result, more than half of the routes in the area is provided by a combination ...
ⓘ Geography of Montana
- Census of Montana General Information About Montana Geographic data related to Montana at OpenStreetMap List of Searchable Databases Produced by Montana State
- plates Adjectival: Montana Demonym: Montanan Geography of Montana Montana is: a U.S. state, a federal state of the United States of America Location: Northern
- University of Montana Western UMW is a public university in Dillon, Montana It is affiliated with The University of Montana and part of the Montana University
- This is a list of mountain ranges in the state of Montana Montana is the fourth largest state in the United States and is well known for its mountains
- Montana Highway 66 MT 66 is a 50 - mile - long 80 km state highway in the US state of Montana It begins at an intersection with U.S. Highway 191 US
- of Montana Index of Montana - related articles Geography of Montana Demographics of Montana Montana counties Montana statistical areas Demographics of the
- in Mineral County, Montana United States. Haugan is situated 16 miles 26 km east of the Idaho border and 90 miles 140 km west of Missoula on Interstate
- in the U.S. state of Montana With its county seat in Bozeman, it is the third - most populous county in Montana with a population of 89, 513 in 2010. The
- 108.52389 Montana State University Billings Montana State University Billings or MSU Billings is a public university in Billings, Montana It is the